American University in Dubai
Master of Education
The AUD Master of Education (M.Ed.) is conceived with two target audiences in mind:
- practicing elementary and secondary school teachers who may or may not have an undergraduate degree in education, and
- university graduates with no prior teaching experience who wish to pursue a graduate degree in education with the intention, upon graduation, of teaching at the primary or secondary level.
- develop professional ethics and collaborative skills to meet the needs of a multi-cultural student population in a 21st learning environment;
- develop specific knowledge of current trends in teaching and learning and innovative instructional technologies, as well as classroom-based problem-solving abilities aimed at improving student learning;
- develop knowledge, skills, and dispositions required to meet the unique learning needs of all students and guide them to becoming life-long learners;
- apply contemporary curricular theory to teaching practices with appropriate modes of assessment;
- meet generally accepted international standards for teacher preparation; and,
- develop capacity to conduct and critically assess research in order to guide and inform professional practice.
- be an effective part of an educational team within a creative learning environment;
- be able to understand the political, social and cultural contexts of education;
- be able to differentiate instruction to meet students’ unique learning needs and create environments that are conducive to student learning and development;
- be able to meet the challenges of teaching by designing and implementing an effective classroom management plan;
- be able to use assessment data to improve instruction, advance student learning, and better design content-specific instruction;
- be able to identify, locate, evaluate, design, prepare, and use technology as an instructional resource;
- be able to conduct research and utilize important findings to inform current practices and make new contributions to the field of education.