Master of Business Administration (Real Estate and Urban Infrastructure)
The explosive growth of the global economy and the world population has transformed real estate into one of the fastest growing industries in the world. With technological advances in the field of architecture, town planning and infrastructural ingenuity, real estate today is a booming business with an annual turnover running into trillions of dollars every year. To realize present and future goals regarding real estate development, there is an increasing demand for real estate professionals who can build more sustainable communities through development which integrates economic, social and environmental goals. UAE real estate sector is set to grow at an annual average rate of 4-6 per cent until 2015. Infact, Dubai's housing supply will double during the same duration. Urban planning primarily concerns itself with the planning, development and maintenance of cities, its suburbs, small towns and to some extent rural villages. Today the burgeoning population across continents, social-economic factors and environmental concerns has escalated the necessity for proper urban planning - resulting in demand for professionals apt in managing teams from various disciplines and planning, maintaining, improving the lifestyle of cities.
Role of Urban Management ProfessionalsUrban planners are responsible for shaping the physical layout of cities by focusing on specific areas for development such as residential, commercial, and industrial. Planners take into consideration everything from the economy and the environment to the culture and politics of a city, drawing upon specialists such as engineers, architects and managing the different disciplines for smooth operations.
Role of Real Estate ProfessionalsFor businesses and investors, well-managed real estate can generate income and profits. In most arrangements, urban and real estate managers are required to take care of the financial and administration operations. However homebuilders, real estate developers, and land development companies employ property and real estate managers to purchase land and plan construction of residential and commercial developments.
Additional Skills RequiredManagers like Construction Managers, Facility Managers and Project Managers should have leadership and problem solving qualities. It means that managers should be able to connect well with his or her group of workers, inspire them and guide them. To meet the challenges posed by this industry, added knowledge in Construction and Finance is desirable. Those with a sense of entrepreneurial spirit are more likely to achieve success as Real Estate Consultants and Agents in this industry.
- According to a report by Oxford Economics, the output of the construction sector is likely to rise sharply over the next decade in China, UAE, India and Brazil requiring a large number of professional managers to cater it.
- Urban Management Professionals can look for job opportunities with:
- Reputed Developers and Construction Companies.
- International Property Consultants, Asset Reconstruction Companies, Real Estate wing of Public and Private Sector Banks, Real Estate Boutiques and Infrastructure Development Companies.
- Enterprising Professionals can look for Consultancy and Advisory assignments as Valuers, Real Estate Advisors and Investment Consultants.
- In 2030, almost 5 billion people are expected to be living in 'cities'. In order to avoid risky developments for societies, nations are in demand of professionals who can think and execute construction and reconstruction of urban settlements. Job opportunities in real estate management exist in the commercial banks, insurance companies, saving associations, consulting firms, mortgage bankers, property management firms, real estate developers and residential and industrial brokerage offices.