Bachelor of Commerce
The BCOM program is focused on developing professionals for the industry in a dynamic and value add era, this programme is a perfect blend of theoretical and practical knowledge. This programme address the requirement of students who want to pursue professional qualifications such as CA, ACCA etc. or want to work in the field of commerce. The key features of the program are:
- A globally orientated programe preparing graduates for a career in finance and accounting.
- Visiting faculties for renowned universities across the globe and Industry leaders.
- Placement support
- Unique pathway to the ACCA professional certification with substantial exemptions.
THE PROGRAM OFFERS THESE BENEFITS:
- The School of Business has spacious classrooms equipped with multimedia projectors and computers with speakers.
- Well-equipped Computer Lab exclusively available for business graduates.
- Well supported library with 8000 books, 18 business journals and electronic databases (EBSCO, ProQuest etc.) for quick and up-to-date access of information for case-studies, assignments and reading.
- Once in a semester, students are taken for an industrial visit, to gain practical exposure of the different industries in and around UAE.
- Lectures, case studies, project work, group assignments and executive seminars on current issues are integral parts of the learning program.
- Seminars and workshops are conducted as and when the individual subject faculty members invite industry experts to enrich their subject from the realistic UAE corporate point of view.
- Assignments and Presentation have been inculcated as pedagogy among the students to induce the importance of research and self-directed learning.
- Students are encouraged to meet entrepreneurs and industry professionals with reference to HR and Marketing areas to gain insight into the practical aspects of the same.
- Students have been introduced to case-studies in order for them to understand real-world industry specific problems and how solutions can be worked around them.
- Students graduating with a BCOM degree are qualified for entry-level finance and accountancy positions in business, not-for-profit organisations and the public sector.
- The organisations that have come forward to hire our BBA graduates have been from Banking, Financial Services, Retail, Logistics and HR & Administration.
Required Credit Hours: minimum 160 hours