Bachelor of Business Administration
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program from School of Business, MUD, equips graduates to:
- Apply concepts and methods from a common body of business knowledge to generate business solutions.
- Be aware of the complex global business operations and be able to assist in organisational decision making.
- Be able to develop a holistic view of the firm and be able to integrate different functional areas of business.
- Employ critical thinking to evaluate qualitative/quantitative data and effectively communicate across all layers of the organisation.
- Demonstrate effective communication, analytical and leadership skills.
- The School of Business has spacious classrooms equipped with multimedia projectors and computers with speakers.
- Well-equipped Computer Lab exclusively available for business graduates.
- Well supported library with 8000 books, 18 business journals and electronic databases (EBSCO, ProQuest etc.) for quick and up-to-date access of information for case-studies, assignments and reading.
- Once in a semester, students are taken for an industrial visit, to gain practical exposure of the different industries in and around UAE.
- Lectures, case studies, project work, group assignments and executive seminars on current issues are integral parts of the learning program.
- Seminars and workshops are conducted as and when the individual subject faculty members invite industry experts to enrich their subject from the realistic UAE corporate point of view.
- Assignments and Presentation have been inculcated as pedagogy among the students to induce the importance of research and self-directed learning.
- Students are encouraged to meet entrepreneurs and industry professionals with reference to HR and Marketing areas to gain insight into the practical aspects of the same.
- Students have been introduced to case-studies in order for them to understand real-world industry specific problems and how solutions can be worked around them.
- Students graduating with a BBA are qualified for entry-level positions in business, not-for-profit organisations and the public sector. Some of the career options potential BBA graduates can definitely explore are: Assistant Account Representatives/First-level Supervisory Positions/Financial analysts/Stock brokers/Customer Service Representatives/Human Resource Assistants/Logistics Supervisor Assistant/Ad Copy Writers/Client Executive/Content Management Assistant/Sales Officers in Banks and Trading companies.
- BBA graduates get placed in Ogilvy and Mather, HSBC Bank, First Gulf Bank, Barclay’s Bank, Percept Gulf, HDFC Bank, Al Islami, CitiBank, Emaar, Nakheel, IFFCO, Sharaf DG, Emirates CAE, a training division of Emirates Airlines, Lals Group, Siemens and Solutions MiddleEast.
- The organisations that have come forward to hire our BBA graduates have been from Banking, Financial Services, Retail, Logistics and HR & Administration.
Required Credit Hours: minimum 150 hours