Master of Business Administration
THE MBA PROGRAM OFFERED BY THE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, MANIPAL UNIVERSITY DUBAI
- Acquaints the participants with the basic economic, accounting, communication, analytical and information technology skills.
- Provides a holistic approach and skills to manage the essential resources and the people of the organisations.
- Creates an awareness of the complex global business and governmental environment in which business operates.
- Provides knowledge and skill in various business functions such as marketing, finance, operations, information, healthcare and human resources management.
- Enables the participants to apply all the skills and knowledge acquired in the program to solve the real life business problems.
- The School of Business has spacious classrooms equipped with multimedia projectors and computers with speakers.
- Well-equipped computer lab exclusively available for the business graduates.
- Well supported library with 8000 books, 18 business journals and electronic databases (EBSCO, ProQuest etc.) for quick and up-to-date access of information for case-studies, assignments and reading.
- Once in a semester the students are taken for an industrial visit, to gain practical exposure of the different industries in and around UAE.
- Lectures, case studies, project work, group assignments and executive seminars on current issues are integral parts of the learning program.
- Seminars and workshops are conducted as and when the individual subject faculty members invite industry experts to enrich their subject from the realistic UAE corporate point of view.
- Group assignments and workshops with student peer-review are organised for the students to have a more cohesive spirit.
- Students are encouraged to make projects and share their ideologies and business success with the rest of the students in class through a very participative.
- Students are trained to work with comprehensive case-studies in order to enhance their problem-solving and decisional skills.
- MBA graduates can pursue career in the fields of marketing, operations, finance, accounting, information technology, human resources and healthcare management
- The majority of MBA students at MUD are working students and therefore, a major requirement for placements from their side has not come so far. A handful of them who have come in asking for placements have been given an opportunity to attend campus interviews with companies like Oman Insurance, Solutions Middle East and Country Club.
- The sectors in which graduates have been placed are logistics, retail and banking and insurance, human resource and administration.