Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering is the broadest of the engineering disciplines that is generally concerned with understanding forces and motion, and their application to solving problems of interest to society. The field includes aspects of thermodynamics, fluid and solid mechanics, mechanisms, materials, and energy conversion and transfer. This field also emphasizes the process of formulation, design, optimization, manufacture, and control of new systems and devices. The mechanical engineering curriculum at Manipal Dubai provides students the opportunity to learn how to think creatively and logically, and how to use new-found knowledge to address complex problems. KEY FEATURES OF THE PROGRAM
- Advanced Curriculum with the option of minor specializations in the field of Thermal Engineering, Machine Design, Manufacturing, and Business Management.
- Options of various program and open electives.
- Experienced and qualified faculty with teaching and industry experience.
- Well-equipped laboratories (Automobile, Automation, Machine Shop, Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Thermal Engineering, Material Science, Engineering workshop, CAD/CAM, etc.)
- State of the Art Automobile Lab with the collaboration of NISAAN Arabian Automobile.
- Advanced Software packages like CATIA, AutoCAD, ANSYS, MATLAB, Lab View.
- Learning through Industry visits, Projects and hands on workshops.
- Extensive Internship program and exposure of Industrial projects.
- Opportunity to be a part of various professional societies like American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, (ASHRAE).
- Semester abroad option at MIT, Manipal and other partner Universities.
- Faculty Mentor Program to support student learning and career planning.
- Strong CDC
- Strong Alumni Network
- Machine Design
- Thermal Engineering
- Business Management