United Arab Emirates University
Bachelor of Statistics
The undergraduate program in Statistics at UAE introduces the fundamentals of probability and statistical inference (estimation & hypothesis testing) which cover design of experiments, sampling techniques and regression & time series analysis. Two distinctive features of the program are: the emphasis of business applications (e.g., forecasting financial & economic indicators, marketing surveys, audit sampling, decision making, quality control, etc.), and the reinforcement of lecture materials by closely integrated computer packages using real (local, where available) databases.
- Effective communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills to the analysis and solution of statistics problems.
- Positive contribution to teams, as members and leaders.
- Ethical and social awareness at the local and global level.
- In-depth knowledge in Statistics.
Program Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively orally statistical results and their interpretation to non-specialized audiences.
- Communicate in writing statistical results and their interpretation clearly and concisely using different formats and media.
- Integrate statistical and computing skills to develop comprehensive solutions to problems in their field of work.
- Research, critically evaluate and interpret information in identifying and formulating problems that can be solved using statistical techniques.
- Demonstrate autonomy and responsibility in their work.
- Apply teamwork skills and creativity in leadership and direction, appropriate to the context and level at which they are operating.
- Demonstrate ethical reasoning in relation to statistical issues.
- Develop an awareness of the civic responsibilities of the statistics discipline.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of key concepts and methodologies in statistics.
- Identify the limitation and assumptions underlying statistical techniques and critically assess the validity of reported results.
- Demonstrate an understanding of allied knowledge and theories in related fields of work or disciplines.
Required Credit Hours: minimum 120 hours