United Arab Emirates University
Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Education
This program provides students with the knowledge, skills and dispositions to become highly qualified educators who at the early child hood educational level. The study plan includes a combination of academic and professional coursework with field experience in the classroom that prepares graduates for teaching in the real world.
- Understand the child development and learning and provide all children with learning environments that are healthy, respectful, supportive, and challenging.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the value of diverse characteristics of families and communities and create respectful relationships with them in shaping children’s development and learning.
- Apply effective assessment strategies and tools in partnership with families and other professionals to positively influence children’s development and learning.
- Use a wide array of developmentally appropriate approaches, instructional strategies, and tools to connect with children and families and positively influence each child’s development and learning.
- Integrate multiple areas of knowledge in planning, implementing and evaluating individually, culturally, and developmentally appropriate, meaningful and inclusive early childhood curriculum.
- Use reflection to make decisions and take actions based on professional and ethical standards related to early childhood practice and collaboratively participate in ongoing learning to inform their practice.
- Develop the knowledge, skills and professional dispositions necessary to promote the development and learning of young children across the entire developmental period of early childhood and in the variety of settings that offer early education