United Arab Emirates University
Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
The B.Sc. in Biochemistry program provides students with a strong foundation in all areas of chemistry, with emphasis on biochemistry. Students also develop a good background in the related areas of molecular biology and microbiology. Students develop practical skills through laboratory courses utilizing state of the art equipment and internship training. Students also gain strong IT and communication skills and have the opportunity to become involved in biochemistry research. Graduates of the program are well prepared to take up positions in the chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries or pursue further studies at the graduate level.
- To provide students with a strong foundation in chemistry and biochemistry.
- To develop students’ transferable skills in areas such as communication and teamwork.
- To train students to use modern lab techniques safely and effectively.
- To develop students’ appreciation of the role of biochemistry and scientific research in modern life.
- To prepare students for a successful career or further studies in chemistry and biochemistry.