United Arab Emirates University
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
The B.Sc. in Chemistry program provides students with a strong foundation in the traditional branches of chemistry including analytical, organic, inorganic, and physical and biochemistry. The program also emphasizes development of IT and communication skills. Students develop practical skills through laboratory courses utilizing state of the art equipment. An internship placement provides students with training and preparation for the workplace. All students obtain experience in research through a project completed in their final year. Graduates of the program are well prepared to take up positions in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries or pursue further studies at the graduate level. The B.Sc. Chemistry program is accredited by the Canadian Society of Chemistry and the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- To provide students with a strong foundation in all of the major sub-disciplines of chemistry.
- To train students to use modern lab techniques safely and effectively.
- To develop students’ transferable skills in areas such as communication and teamwork.
- To develop students’ appreciation of the role of chemistry and scientific research in modern life.
- To prepare students for a successful career or further studies in chemistry.