Master of Arts in Communications Specialization in Tourism and Cultural Communication
In line with Zayed University’s commitment to promote the continuing development and prosperity of the United Arab Emirates, the College of Communication and Media Sciences offers a Master of Arts (M.A.) in Communications Specialization in Tourism and Cultural Communication program. This distinctive combination of communication and tourism capitalizes on proven graduate studies formulas at the best international institutions which offer communication and/or tourism degrees at the graduate level. The Master of Arts in Communications Specialization in Tourism and Cultural Communication program will equip participants to be future leaders in the tourism industry. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- apply current communication and mediatheories and skills for promoting tourism and culture locally and globally;
- create legal, ethical, and environmentally sustainable practices in the development of tourism and culture locally and globally;
- identify the role played by social and digital media in tourism and heritage related industries;
- develop strategies for integrated marketing communication campaigns in tourism and cultural communication based on organizational objectives;
- describe the role of communication in local tourism, culture and heritage endeavors, with a particular emphasis on U.A.E.; and
- demonstrate critical, analytical and research competence in the study of communications and media as they relate to tourism and heritage related industries.