Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Produce computer engineers who are able to apply the theories and principles of science and mathematics to the design of hardware, software and networks in the emerging IT fields.
- Produce computer engineers capable of building prototypes, working both with hardware and software aspects of systems design and development.
- Prepare students for professional careers and to pursue advanced studies in Computer Engineering.
Program Educational Objectives
The objectives of the Computer Engineering Program are to prepare graduates with:
- Knowledge and skills in hardware and software design & implementation.
- An understanding of how to implement and manage computer networks.
- An ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Self-learning skills.
Program OutcomesThe above-mentioned goals will be achieved through the following program objectives:
- Develop skills in analysis, design and implementation of logic circuits.
- Provide an understanding of the organization and interaction of various parts of a computer system.
- Develop an ability to design a software component and implement it using a high level programming language.
- Provide an understanding of how computers communicate in a network
- Develop skills in implementing client/server based local area networks
- Provide knowledge and hands-on practice on securing LANs using Routers and Firewalls.
- Develop an ability to formulate and explain a solution to a technical problem orally and in writing.
- Develop self-learning skills by searching for information and acquiring knowledge independently.
Career OpportunitiesGraduates can find a wide range of job opportunities as Design Engineer (computer hardware, software and systems), Network Administrator, Network (Systems) Engineer, Network Programmer/Analyst, Network /Information Systems Manager..
Required Credit Hours: minimum 140 hours