United Arab Emirates University
Bachelor of Arts in Arabic Language and Literature
The Arabic Department's mission aims at preserving and enriching Arabic Language as a written text and spoken discourse capable of reflecting the diversity and complexity of the Arabic/ Islamic culture and civilization. The Department is also determined to enhance and develop Arabic Language teaching and pedagogy in a sophisticated way in order to reinforce the Arabic / Islamic identity of the nation. Further, the Department aims to academically prepare a generation of graduates, holders of a college degree in Arabic Language and Literature, able to participate in the enrichment of the intellectual, cultural and educational institutions inside and outside UAE. As a center of cultural illumination and scholarship, the Arabic Department at UAEU supports multi-disciplinary activities promoting inter-civilizational dialogue and giving priority to genuine social values and moral traditions. In addition to a deep- rooted interest in Arabic literary heritage, the Department aims to build bridges with other cultures exploring new avenues of cultural diversity and integrating foreign language education in its curriculum.
- Developing students' knowledge of language and organizing modern linguistic theories that student studied them.
- Developing students' knowledge of literature and criticism and deepening understanding of the heritage ,Literature and contemporary literary and critical theories.
- Giving students the skills that would enable them to exercise good reading, comprehension and expression.
- Developing methods of scientific research and critical thinking.
- Developing love and faith to the homeland, nation, language and belief in the human values.