United Arab Emirates University
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature Minor in Drama
Students taking the Drama Minor learn to analyze drama and produce short plays. There are six courses in the program, three of which focus on analyzing drama, one focuses on playwriting, and two on production. All courses involve the production of drama events. This program increases the employability of graduates and complements other majors by teaching extensive project and event management skills, idea development, behavioral analysis, metacognitive thinking, and verbal and textual communication.
- Situate key dramatic works and perspectives across a range of styles and periods.
- Explore ways to interpret human behavior and communicate across obstacles using dramatic texts as case studies and drama project management as practical experience.
- Create and manage short and complex dramatic projects in stages.
- Collaborate and coordinate on different levels, combining performance and technical jobs into a single project, combining projects into an event, combining events into a festival.
- Manage elaborate events.
Program Learning OutcomesUpon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze a wide variety of plays critically.
- Perform a range of jobs necessary to produce a short play.
- Interpret and produce a short play.
- Manage a live performance event.
- Apply generic skills such as metacognitive thinking, problem-solving and team work.