United Arab Emirates University
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature Minor in Film Studies
The Minor in Film Studies trains students to apply film criticism as well as to participate in the production of short films. The program includes six core courses, three of which focus on film analysis. The developing ideas and applying them to script formats leads to the acquisition of technical skills required for filmmaking. Two electives are devoted to Arab Cinema on one hand and to the genre of animation film on the other.
- Improve the ability of students to view films critically.
- Create an awareness of international film industries and their significance for the development of film history.
- Illustrate the individual steps in the film production process.
- Engender participation in original film production.
- Situate local productions within the larger context of world cinema.