Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electronics
The mission of the electronics engineering program is to provide high quality electronic engineering education to its students. It places special emphasis on developing the technical as well as generic skills of its students so that they are well qualified for immediate employment in their area of specialization and are able to contribute effectively to the advancement of the community. The program also aims to prepare its students for graduate study in electronics engineering.
Program Educational Objectives
The electronics engineering program is designed to produce graduates who have:
- strong foundation of basic sciences and mathematics and are able to apply this knowledge to analyze and solve engineering problems
- broad theoretical as well as practical knowledge related to electronics engineering specialization
- skills needed for designing, analyzing and trouble-shooting electronic circuits or systems
- proficiency in computer-aided design tools and software packages to design projects or systems to meet specified requirements
- good communication skills and ability to work effectively as team members
- the generic skills needed to function in the multidisciplinary, diverse, competitive and fast-changing engineering environment of the UAE
- abilities for critical thinking, lifelong
Career OpportunitiesGraduates of the electronics engineering specialization pursue careers in a wide range of industries and services, including the electronic and computer industries, industrial manufacturing plants, security control systems, design automation companies, product design and development companies and major service companies for electronic appliances.
Required Credit Hours: minimum 138 hours