Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Instrumentation & Control
To provide students with a broad theoretical knowledge base and equip them with strong practical application skills so that they can meet the competitive requirements of the job market in instrumentation and control engineering, and are well prepared to pursue higher study in this fast-developing field.
Program Educational Objectives
The instrumentation and control engineering program aims to produce graduates who have:
- strong foundation of basic sciences and mathematics and are able to apply this knowledge to analyze and solve engineering problems
- broad theoretical as well as practical knowledge related to related to instrumentation and control specialization
- skills needed for designing, analyzing, and trouble-shooting circuits or systems utilized in instrumentation and control fields
- proficiency in computer aided design tools and software packages to design projects or systems to meet specified requirements
- good communication skills and ability to work effectively as team members
- the generic skills needed to function in the multidisciplinary, diverse, competitive and fast-changing engineering environment of the UAE
- abilities for critical thinking, lifelong learning, and updating of technical knowledge while working as professional engineers.
Program Outcomesto be completed soon..
Career OpportunitiesGraduates of the instrumentation and control engineering specialization can pursue careers in a wide range of areas, for example the petroleum industry, the chemical industry, power plants, the auto industry, robotics, the manufacturing industry and in engineering companies designing control systems for industry and smart homes.
Required Credit Hours: minimum 138 hours